Friday, April 16, 2010

Book Review

"Hard-boiled Wonderland and the End of the World" by Haruki Murakami
My grade: A

It will come as no surprise to those of you familiar with Murakami's work when I say that he is somehow not of this world. And I mean that in a good way. I am not aware of another writer, who is better capable of creating such an outrageous world, with such conviction, profoundness and confidence. This is definitely a writer, from whom much can be learned, both about writing and life.

In some ways, this novel reminds me of "The End of Mr. Y". Both deal with a second reality lair inside people's heads and call forth knowledge of physics that is beyond me. Nonetheless, this was a very interesting book, to say the least and well worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment