Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Book Review - "Open"

"Open: An Autobiography" by Andre Agassi
My grade: B+

For all you tennis fans (particularly Agassi fans) out there, this is definitely an interesting read, with a lot of insight into the professional tennis world, and more specifically, the Agassi world. Can't say very much more than that about it; this is probably not the kind of book that will change your life. Oddly, though, I have to say that I somehow like Agassi a little less after reading it; somewhere in the process of learning who he really is, I lost some respect. I especially didn't like him using the book to fire some cheap shots at his opponents - i.e., Pete Sampras, Brooke Shields - and portraying people from an obviously-subjective perspective without crediting the subjectivity. If you ask me, Agassi still has some more growing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment