Monday, October 4, 2010

Slipping Away (FICTION)

He touches me nicely. Gently. And he has no idea what he is doing to me. He has no clue what a storm of emotions he is about to unleash.

I'm lonely. I'm very lonely. And I need him. But I don't want him to know. So I suppress the tears that are forcing their way out. What would he think if he saw me crying?

I want to curl up into a ball and crawl into his shirt pocket, to lie there quietly, listen to his heart beating. I want to feel small, and sense his overwhelming greatness cover me, protect me. He kisses me all over, and he is so kind, so gentle. So the tears roll down my face.

He sees them, how can I hide? But I still try. I give him a hug, as much to feel his warmth as to cover up my face, my shame. He pulls away, and immediately I see what's on his face, I understand. I have lost him.

No comments:

Post a Comment