Sunday, September 26, 2010

Book Review - "Miss Smilla's Feeling for Snow"

"Miss Smilla's Feeling for Snow" by Peter Hoeg
My grade: B

This is a thriller/mystery novel, taking place in Denmark and Greenland, with the original version written in Danish. This is a very educational novel on a number of different levels. Firstly, I learned a lot about Danish and Greenlandic cultures, and the relationship between these two countries, which I knew nothing about. Secondly, I learned a tremendous amount about different kinds of ice and snow, and large boats. If I haven't piqued your interest quite yet, then let me also say this: it's a very-well written novel, with exceedingly interesting characters (even if it is difficult to keep track of them sometimes) and an action-packed plot. Worth a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment